Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Where will my journey lead now?

As I prepare to go home I wonder where my next steps in life will take me after having been given the wonderful opportunity to share some of myself and learn much from the people around me. I have made what I hope to be lasting friendships but definitely lasting memories. I will be sad to see us all go our separate ways but cannot help to think that this is the beginning of something great considering the oppotunities that we have been given on all of the projects. While many times I was only an observer to the great care of the nurses and counselors and felt a sense of pride from the kids when they were excited to see me come back to reading club, I can only say that I am proud to have done this and taken part in the experience. I am looking forward to taking this experience home with me and utilizing the things that I have learned especially about myself to work towards the next phase of my life. Goodbye Zambia! Zikomo kwabili!

Jennifer James

No comments:

Post a Comment