Sunday, July 10, 2011

We Have Arrived


Hi everyone! We are now here in Livingstone, Zambia. We have actually been here for several days, but internet access is not actually very accessible. We have been very busy getting acclimated to life here. Yesterday, we visited Victoria Falls. See picture of Sheri and I in our lovely ponchos (before we got soaked.) This morning several of us visited the market. There was so much to see and buy! As a result, I have a very limited budget for the remaining 2 weeks. But the art and jewelry that I found is beautiful! We all had a great experience there and plan to return. On the way to find internet, Dr. M., Sheri, Fikre, and I were lured into a small church service by beautiful singing voices that we heard from the street. Though we were only there a few minutes, being able to participate in their service is probably one of my favorite experiences so far. Zambia has been very welcoming and exciting! We start working our projects tomorrow. I am excited to get started!

August Elliott

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you're safe and enjoying your time in Zambia. I didn't realize you'd get to see Victoria falls, that is amazing! I can't wait to hear about your project and your experiences interacting with the local population.

    ReplyDelete