Saturday, July 16, 2011

First Week Recap




This was our first week working our projects. I worked in a few different clinics and did home based care a couple of days. Both settings were challenging and exciting. My favorite was working in the Antenatal Clinic at Dambwa Clinic. I helped to take vital signs of the pregnant women and sat in on a few of their exams. We also do community projects, which are equally as awesome as the medical projects. The community projects I have been involved with mostly involve playing with and entertaining children. My favorite this week was Reading Club at one of the schools. The kids were so eager to read to us. It was really exciting to be a part of. Today we visited the market in the morning and went on a sunset cruise this evening. Our first week in Livingstone has been amazing. I can't wait to see what lies ahead of us for next week!


August Elliott

1 comment: