Tuesday, July 26, 2011

HBC

I have finally had the opportunity to do Home based Care here and I really enjoyed it. I loved walking through the neighborhoods and getting a real taste for how people live. We walk around with volunteers from the community so they know the area very well and can fill our time with fascinating stories about the area. Yesterday when I was in Nakatendi we learned that people living there were being terrorized by elephants at night who come to feed. They were all losing sleep because the elephants were unknowingly destroying the town. The HBC caregiver told us that the elephants were not a new problem and people would make fires to try and scare them away. I loved going to see the people individually and getting to hear their stories as well; i feel like i make a ddifference in home based care. sadly my time has come to an end here but i really enjoyed the time I had and getting to experience this culture.

Molly DiMola

No comments:

Post a Comment