Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It's Almost time to Leave...



It's with mixed emotions that I get ready to go home. While I can't wait to see my friends, family and Heinz (my dog), I feel like I have just gotten the hang of everything we do here and all the ways that we are able to help. Today, I learned more about the mushroom farm at Maramba Home-Based Care - an interest I never knew I had. Yesterday, I felt like I walked to the end of the earth to visit a man who is very sick. On the way back, I learned how a community in Zambia has a small quarry that helps them make money. Yesterday afternoon, four very eager 10-11-year-olds read to me for two hours straight! This afternoon, a group of about 40 children did an art project. That many children together in one room spell "chaos" no matter where in the world you are!

So, tomorrow we leave. I hope you're ready to hear all about it, because I'm excited to tell you everything!

Laura Peoples

No comments:

Post a Comment