Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hello World!!



Well, finally I have made my arrival to the blog and just wanted to start with a hello to all and inform you that we are having a spectacular time thus far! So far I have had the opportunity to meet some pretty incredible individuals on our adventures here which have included trips to Nakatindi for home based care as well as some work on a new building at the school, work at Maramba Clinic in the pharmacy, Hematology lab, and OPD, and of course everyone's favorite luxurious vacationesque endeavors to Victoria Falls (pictured above with one of my Zambian friends I met at the Boiling Point just behind us) and the Sunset (Booze) Cruise down the Zambezi River. I am not sure there is much to complain about considering the conditions most of the individuals and families in this region live under, but I can certainly say I am more than thankful for the opportunities and living situations I've been given at home and abroad. Comparatively speaking we are living a life of luxury here at the Livingstone Backpackers lodge and with a private bar, in-ground pool, rockwall and running water. With that said, I am off to enjoy the rest of this Sunday evening here in beautiful Zambia! Talk to you all soon!

-Charlie

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture. We are so excited for you! Seems like your having a wonderful time. We love you mom and Freddie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture. Wish we were there. Enjoy and stay safe. Luv Gram and Gramp.

    ReplyDelete